Hello lovelies! Happy first Monday of the year. I can't believe its 2012?! Last year just zipped by faster than any other year for me. I finally accomplished my goal of opening my vintage clothing shop and this website. We will see what's in store for this year. I decided to start this year's mocktails off with this luxurious and very good for you sweet n' salty chocolate spice cocoa. Hot chocolate actually beats red wine and tea in antioxidants. It also has tons of flavinoids that helps to process nitrous oxide in the body which help virus-infected blood cells, lower blood pressure, improve blood flow, and even help manage weight loss. And since I love home remedies...hot chocolate will get rid of that hacking cough when your sick. This recipe adds the addition of cayenne which has crazy results on sickness, blood flow, metabolism, and many other health benefits. So drink up, this hot cocoa is good for your body and your soul. It is also mostly a powder recipe so feel free to make it your instant cocoa mix, just add the agave and water when you're ready to serve!
Sweet N' Salty Chocolate Spice Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Powdered Creamer
- 1/4 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Milk Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Stevia or Sugar Substittute
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 2 Cups Water
- Whipped Cream, for garnish (optional)
- Lindt Sea Salt Chocolate, for garnish (optional)
- Dash of Cayenne, for garnish (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Pour into your favorite mugs and garnish with whipped cream, chocolate, and cayenne.