Grapefruit is positively my favorite winter fruit. It is low in calories and packed full of antioxidants, vitamin A, potassium, and pectin. And honey of course is one of natures natural energy boosters and healers. But did you know coriander was that amazing too? It lowers blood sugar, aids in digestion, prevents nausea, lowers cholesterol (just like grapefruit), and it is an anti-inflammatory that relieves the symptoms of arthritis! So this week's mocktail is a powerhouse drink packed full of nutrients and it's also completely irresistible. I challenge you not to guzzle this one. Not to mention it would be completely delicious with gin. Careful there, this drink is so good.
Grapefruit Splash w/ Coriander Honey Simple Syrup
- 6 Grapefruits
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Coriander Seeds
- Let's start by making the simple syrup. In a small pot combine the honey water and coriander. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Stir constantly to make sure all the honey is dissolved.
- Let the simple syrup cool.
- You will need to juice your grapefruits. Fresh squeezed makes all the different in the world in how this tastes. There are several types of citrus juicers available. I prefer to quarter my grapefruits and use a hand press like this. You can find larger ones but I like to use what I have.
- Combine all of your ingredients in a pitcher and serve over ice.