Hello lovelies! Happy Monday. This week I bring to you a delicious libation that dates back to the Colonial times. It's origin is sometimes said to come from the Carribean. I've found that it was brought to the States from Bermuda in the 1930s by Charles H. Baker, Jr. in his book The Gentleman's Companion. Shrubs are a drink made with fruit and vinegar. Historically they included rum or brandy, which would be so delicious in this drink, but in modern times they're typically non-alcoholic. Vinegar might sound so off-putting in a drink but really it's refreshing, extremely good for your health, and your waistline. Please give this classic drink a try. You can off course omit the vinegar if you like. Enjoy this refreshing mocktail!
Cranberry Lime Shrub
- 1 1/2 Cups Cranberry Juice
- 1/2 of a Lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBS Agave Nectar
- 1 Teaspoon Stevia or sugar of your choice
- Combine the sugars and vinegar and stir until dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and serve over ice.
- This should make 2 drinks and you can sweeten it more if you like.