This is the perfect time of the year for chai. It is one of my all time favorite drinks. Powdered, dirty, flavored, iced...I love them all. This is a fantastic afternoon treat or something delicious to sip while you work. This would make a great handmade gift in a recycled bottle . It could even be a great concoction for your next party. Its so versatile, simple to make, and easy customize! Make it skinny, sugar free, or even decaf. And having the concentrate in your fridge, ready to go all week? I just couldn't resist sharing this with you. Enjoy this weeks mocktail and have a better Monday.
Chai Tea Concentrate
- 10 Tea Bags Black or Green Tea
- 4 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 Teaspoon Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/3 Cup Sugar or Substitute (ex: I used 8 pks of Stevia)
Coconut Chai - add 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Raspberry Chai - add 1 Teaspoon Raspberry extract
Apple Cinnamon Chai - add 1 apple chopped and double the cinnamon
Dirty Chai - add 1 shot espresso in your cup or glass when served
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Let steep for 20 - 25 minutes.
- It will need to be strained through a fine mesh sieve into desired storage jar or bottle (if you don't have one use your flour sifter lined with cheese cloth).
- I used my sifter over my funnel and strained it into a nice bottle.
- Pour 4 Tablespoons over milk and enjoy.
- Serving amount also depends on your taste preference.