Finally the weekend! It's such a lovely day outside. Perfect for game day or get together with family and friends. And you can serve this delicious buffalo chicken dip with toasted wonton's for dipping. They will love you for it. This is by far my most requested recipe. I thought I'd share it with you. If you are watching your figure this is not the dip for you. Ha! But maybe you can have a cheat day right? You won't regret it.
Dwan C's Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 Package Wonton Wrappers (you will have more with the bigger sheets)
- 2-3 cups Cooked Chicken, chopped (You can poach it, bake it, or even buy a rotisserie chicken from the store)
- 1 8oz Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1 Cup Queso Fresca (you can substitute a creamier white melting cheese)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Ranch Dressing (I used Hidden Valley, this tastes better with a sour cream base)
- 2 Cups Buffalo Sauce
Preheat the oven to 350F. You will need soften the cream cheese. If you don't have time to bring it to room temperature you can chop it up and heat it in the oven on 350F for 15 minutes.
To make the "chips" you'll need to cut your wonton wrappers into four sections. If you are using small wonton wrappers don't cut them at all.
Push your wonton wrappers into the cups of a cupcake pan. (Does not have to be greased!)
Bake your wonton shells for about 7-8 minutes until golden brown and crispy. WATCH THEM CAREFULLY THEY BURN FAST. Put them in a serving bowl.
You will need to shred or chop your chicken. This just depends on your preference of texture in the dip. I have done both but I prefer chopped personally.
Combine the cream cheese, queso fresca, blue cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing. Add your melted butter on top and mix together thoroughly.
Cover your mixture with shredded cheese.
Bake for 40 minutes at 350F uncovered.